Gourmet Scented Candles

Welcome to my business world of gourmet candles. I love burning scented candles as do most people. They offer a scent of familiar times, a sence of relaxation, and warmth. If you love candles you will love reading my blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topeka, KS

Over 20 years in the direct selling industry doesn't make me an expert but I know that my experience shows leadership, skill and success.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Eat That Frog? How to stop procrastinating and get more done in less time.

I started my week reading a new book by Brian Tracy titled "Eat that Frog". I thought that I would journal in my blog what I am learning as I read this book. I hope that you enjoy and learn along with me.

Chapter One..........
First I must tell you that reading this book is fun and funny! Brian Tracy begins this book by introducing us to his own fears and how he has researched to overcome them.

The first chapter is titled, Set the table. He goes on to explain that this is one quality we must possess to win, give us purpose, and desire to achieve our goals.

Think of a frog as the ugliest and most annoying think in the world to you. This is one thing that you just hate doing, and hate to think about. Everyday you are faced with this FROG. We discover that we must have clarity in our own personal productivity. If we do not overcoming this FROG will possibly not happen. We need clear minds and be clear about our goals and objectives.
I learned that the major reason we procrastinate is due to lack of motivation, confusion, and cluttered minds.

He offers us hope by telling us we just need to write down our goals on paper. Did you know that only 3% of us do this? I thought that number would be higher I guess. Here are his seven simple steps to setting and achieving goals.
1. Decide exactly what you want. If you can not decide for yourself talk this out with someone who knows you well or a boss.
Stephen Covey says... "Before you begin scrambling up the ladder of success, make sure that it is leaning against the right building"
2. Write it down. Writing down your goals makes them crystal clear, and gives it tangible form.
3. Set a deadline on your goal. Set sub deadlines if necessary. A goal or decision without a deadline has no urgency. Wow! So true, for years now I wanted to write a book and I have written this down but never gave myself a deadline. It has not been finished yet so look for this on my website in a month.
4. Make a list of everything that you can think of that you are going to have to do to achieve your goal. As you think of these activities write them down. Keep adding to this list. This is a visual picture of the larger tasks and objectives in which you will need to overcome. Mine for my book was time.
5. Organize the list into a plan.. List it by priority and in order in which you need to do each step. Use visual aides to do this and point arrows to put them in order.
6. Take action on the plan immediately. Do something, anything but work on it. Don't stop.
7. Resolve to do something every single day that moves you toward your goal. Build it into your daily activities. Keep pushing forward.

Written goals motivate you into a clear way of thinking. His analogy is that goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement. Think about your goals daily and review them.

I will end by saying that this book is great and easy to read. He even has tasks to help you better understand each chapter at the end and I suggest that doing them will help you greatly as they have helped me. The exercises he gives you, alone will change your life!

Tune into tomorrow for more.
Thanks,
Stephanie Blaker
Http://www.GourmetCandles4Cash.com