Gourmet Scented Candles

Welcome to my business world of gourmet candles. I love burning scented candles as do most people. They offer a scent of familiar times, a sence of relaxation, and warmth. If you love candles you will love reading my blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topeka, KS

Over 20 years in the direct selling industry doesn't make me an expert but I know that my experience shows leadership, skill and success.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Consider the consequences

In this chapter we are to look at our actions and consider what will happen if we do, or don’t do something on the list. After reading this chapter I realized that so many people do not take the time to do this. Recently I attended a conference on people’s spending habits, here we learned that millions of people are facing large amounts of debt, and have no savings. I believe that it is due to this one step Brian Tracy is talking about.

He says that the mark of a superior thinker is his or her ability to accurately predict the consequences of doing or not doing something. He goes on to tell us that there are three questions we should consider to maximize productivity.

1. What are my highest valued activities at this moment? What will make the greatest contributions to the organization?

2. What can I and only I do that if done well will make a real difference? This is something you can not choose to delegate. Only you can contribute this and make a HUGE difference.

3. What is the most valuable use of my time right now? What is the BIGGEST FROG now on your plate? Accomplish that.

Will we ever accomplish it all? The answer is that we all hope so. But the truth is NO. We have chosen to procrastinate all of our lives, think of the number of books you have on a list that you wanted to read someday. If there are only a few moments a day you can dedicate to reading how will that list ever go away if you do not work at it each day, and will that list of books ever stop growing? Probably not. So how will the list completely vanish. The fact is that each day we add to the list. This is why I believe that so many of us so often feel overwhelmed and even helpless at times. Have you ever used the phrase, will this (day, moment) ever end? The answer to that is yes, but you have to be willing to EAT THAT FROG…

Remember: You can not eat every tadpole and frog in the pond, but you can eat the biggest and ugliest one, and that will be enough a least for now……….

Stephanie Blaker
Gourmet Candles 4 Cash
“Putting our scents to work for you”
http://www.GourmetCandles4Cash.com